Wednesday 22 June 2011

Bad news!!

Whilst Saturday's walk (about 14 miles) went pretty well, I did make a major discovery. I went out for drinks in the evening with friends. Certainly getting a bit tipsy, but not quite at the dancing-on-tables stage. So imagine my surprise when I was THE MOST HUNGOVER I'VE EVER BEEN on Sunday. It seems that long walks and drinking sessions do not mix. The bad news? I'm going to have to give up booze.

I suppose this isn't a bad thing, but it will be tough. It was tough saying no to a free glass of wine at the Torchwood screening in Swansea last night. But I never thought this training would be easy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you'd become dehydrated - be sure to drink plenty of water during the walk and things should improve. Alcohol's a diuretic - ie, makes you lose fluid – so should be avoided in quantities, but as long as you've drunk plenty of water during the day you should be able to relax with a pint or two in the evening!

    ReplyDelete