Thursday 16 June 2011

Training kicks in

I have less than three months to go, and with the exception of a few "long walks", I haven't massively prepared for the whole walk. Time for that to change!

My walk will require me to undertake between 25 and 30 miles a day, over 7 days. I therefore need to have been able to do at least 3 time 25 in a row before I undertake the walk. I also need to have thoroughly mapped out the route, chosen the places I am staying and worked out a support network for people to help replenish my supplies.

So, back to the walking. Tomorrow, I will walk from Pontypridd to Cardiff (approx 13 miles) which is half of what I will need to be able to do. The plan it to increase this distance to approximately 20 miles by Saturday 20 July. Will let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment